If you are thinking that AirPods only work with a Mac or an Apple device then let me tell you that’s just not the case. You might have to compromise on the sound quality but AirPods still work pretty well with a Lenovo laptop or any other laptop with a Windows OS.
To connect your AirPods with the Lenovo laptop, first, go to the Windows search bar and type Bluetooth and turn it on. Now hold the button on your AirPods’ case until the white light starts blinking. Find your AirPods under the Available Device section and double-click on it.
Yes, it is as simple as this. However, in older models of Lenovo, you can use a Bluetooth dongle to connect your Lenovo laptop with the AirPods. If you’re looking to connect your AirPods to a Dell laptop instead of a Lenovo, check out this guide on How To Connect AirPods To a Dell Laptop for step-by-step instructions.
Quickest Method For Connecting AirPods To a Lenovo Laptop
To connect your AirPods to a Lenovo laptop, follow these simple steps:
- Turn on Bluetooth on your Lenovo laptop by clicking on the Bluetooth icon in the notification area and toggling it on.
- Put your AirPods into pairing mode by pressing and holding the button on the back of the case until the LED light starts flashing.
- In the Bluetooth settings on your laptop, click on “Add Bluetooth or other devices”.
- Select “Bluetooth” and wait for the laptop to search for available devices.
- Once your AirPods appear on the list, click on them to connect.
- If prompted, enter the pairing code “0000” to complete the connection process.
That’s it! Your AirPods should now be connected to your Lenovo laptop and ready to use.
Read More: How To Pair AirPods To Dell Laptop?
Connecting AirPods To a Lenovo Laptop Windows 10
The process is simple and pretty straightforward just follow these basic steps to connect your AirPods to your Laptop.
- Turn your laptop on and go to settings. For going to settings, click on the Windows icon present in the bottom left corner of the screen, and you will see the Settings icon just above it.
- Once you get into Settings, click on the Devices option.
- Choose “Bluetooth and Other devices” and turn the Bluetooth on.
- Now click on “Add devices”, as soon as you do that your laptop will start searching for available devices.
- It’s time to turn the Pairing mode of the AirPods on. Hold the button available on the AirPods’ case until you see the white light blinking.
That’s it, now you can check in the Available devices section, your AirPods must be showing up there, just click on that, and there you go it is connected.
Connecting AirPods To a Lenovo Laptop Windows 7
For Windows 7, the procedure is a bit different from Windows 10. However, it’s super easy.
- Click on the Windows icon in the bottom left corner of your computer.
- Choose “Devices and Printers” from the pop-up Window.
- Now Select Add a device from the menu.
- Turn on the pairing mode of your AirPods by pressing the button on the case.
- Now select your AirPods from the Available Devices section and double-click on those.
- If it asks you to connect without code, click “yes” and that’s all you need to do, your AirPods are connected to your Lenovo PC in Windows 7 OS.
Connecting AirPods To a Lenovo Laptop Windows 8
For connecting the AirPods to your Lenovo laptop with a Windows 8 operating system follow these simple steps.
- Take the cursor to the top right corner on the home screen of your Windows 8 Lenovo laptop.
- This will open a small window with multiple options, choose Settings out of those options.
- Now click on Change PC settings.
- Choose Devices from the displayed menu.
- Go to Add devices and meanwhile, hold on to the button of your AirPods’ case to turn its pairing mode on.
- Once the pairing mode is turned on, your AirPods must be discoverable on your laptop.
- Double-click on that, and it will automatically start pairing.
Connecting AirPods / AirPods Pro to Lenovo Chromebook
- Look at the bottom right corner of the Lenovo Chromebook and click on the box containing the battery and Wifi.
- This will open a Window containing multiple options, choose Bluetooth from those.
- Turn on the discoverable mode of your AirPods by pressing the button available on the case.
- As soon as you select Bluetooth, it will automatically start searching for the available devices, look for your AirPods, and connect.
AirPods Won’t Connect To Lenovo Laptop (Solved)
I can feel the frustration when you want to listen to that one favorite song, but your AirPods are not connecting to the laptop.
Well, no worries here I’ve listed all the possible reasons and their solutions so just give it a read.
The AirPods Battery Isn’t Charged
So Before checking anything, one needs to check the AirPods battery, if not charged then put that into the charging case because it can be the leading cause of why the AirPods are not connecting to the PC.
You Don’t Have Bluetooth Drivers Installed on Your PC
- To check this, click on the Windows icon present at the bottom right corner of the laptop.
- Type device manager in the search bar and double-click on that.
- Open the device manager and check if the Bluetooth is visible or not.
- If it isn’t visible it means you don’t have Bluetooth drivers installed on your PC.
- Download and install Bluetooth drivers to connect AirPods.
Bluetooth Drivers Installed But Not Updated
If that’s the case,
- Click on the Windows Icon and type device manager in the search bar.
- After opening the device manager, right-click on Bluetooth and select Update Driver Software.
Bluetooth Support Service Isn’t On
If nothing works then the chances are the Bluetooth support service of your Lenovo laptop is not on. Here is the simplest method to turn that on.
- Click on the start button, and search for the control panel.
- Open the control panel and in the View by section select the small icon.
- Now click on Administrative Tools and select services from the menu.
- In the services menu, scroll down and look for Bluetooth support services.
- Right-click on Bluetooth support service and click Start.
How To Make AirPods Discoverable?
To make the AirPods discoverable by your Lenovo Laptop, turn the pairing mode on. For doing this follow these simple steps.
- Press and hold the button on your AirPods charging case (keep the lid on while doing this).
- Make sure that the AirPods are in the case at this point.
- As soon as the white light starts blinking, turn on the Bluetooth on your laptop.
- Now you can see your AirPods are discoverable in the available devices of the laptop’s Bluetooth section.
So yes this was all about the AirPods and how you can connect these to your Lenovo laptop. If you’re in search of an improved Lenovo laptop with a better Bluetooth range then make sure to check the 2022 Newest Lenovo Ideapad 3, it is affordable and at the same time reliable.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I connect my AirPods to Lenovo laptop Windows 11?
On your Lenovo laptop Windows 11, go to settings, then select Bluetooth and devices, turn the Bluetooth on if it is off and click on Add devices. Meanwhile, turn on the pairing mode of your AirPods to make these discoverable in the Available devices so that you can connect these with your Laptop.
Can AirPods Pro connect to Lenovo?
Yes, you can easily connect AirPods pro to your Lenovo laptop. Just turn the Bluetooth on and pair your Lenovo Laptop with your AirPods pro.