Lenovo is a renowned brand when talking about laptops. These laptops are sure to have a premium design. However, these beautiful-looking laptops sometimes have a problem with the touchpad and I know that you are facing the same problem, so let me tell you the simplest of all solutions to enable the touchpad on the Lenovo laptop.
The easiest way is just to update the touchpad drivers. This will mostly cause your touchpad to work perfectly fine again. To do that you can search for mouse and pointing devices in the human interface option and then right-click on the touchpad.
If it still doesn’t work then probably it is because of some other reasons. Well, whatever the problem is I have the solution to all of these in my bucket today. So just read this article to figure it all out.
Benefits Of The Touchpad
Before starting, I would like to brief you about some of the benefits of a touchpad on a laptop. The touchpad is embedded in the body of a laptop and performs all the tasks which a mouse can perform. Some major advantages of the touchpad are as follows
- The touchpad requires less space as it is embedded in the laptop.
- You will not have to worry about wires.
- It has good portability.
- With a little finger movement, you can move the cursor on the screen.
- No extra money is required to buy an extra mouse.
- No extra mouse pad is required underneath.
- You can use it under your blanket.
4 Reasons Why The Touchpad Is Not Working
Lenovo offers great response and a smooth touchpad which offers the user a great experience. This high-quality touchpad sometimes faces some technical issues which cause it to malfunction. So here I will describe to you the main reasons causing the Lenovo laptops touchpad not to work properly.
- It may conflict with some other external devices.
- The drivers might be missing.
- There is a problem with the touchpad.
- It may be disabled from the control panel.
7 Quick Methods To Enable Touchpad On Lenovo Laptops
If your Lenovo laptop’s keypad is not working or is locked, you definitely want to make it work properly. So to do so, I will tell you various methods which could help you enable the touchpad.
- Enable The Touchpad With The Keyboard
Lenovo laptops have an innovative idea of enabling and disabling the touchpad with a shortcut key. In cases when a person is watching a movie and doesn’t require the touchpad, he can disable it just by pressing the shortcut keys. This amazing feature helps many users who know about it, but for the people who do not know about it, it may cause some problems.
So to enable and disable the touchpad on Lenovo laptops, you just have to press the F6 key while holding the FN key.
When a laptop’s keypad is not working properly, rebooting the laptop can help to clear the bugs, enabling the touchpad to work properly.
- Enable The Touchpad Through The Control Panel
Have you ever considered the fact that the keypad might be disabled from settings? Enabling it from there will help the touchpad to start working. Here are the following steps which you can follow to unlock the laptop’s touchpad from settings.
- Open control panel.
- Click on the hardware and sounds option.
- Now click on the mouse option from it.
- Look for the option id If it is disabled, enable it.
Check out our How To Factory Reset A Lenovo Laptop?
- Update Touchpad Drivers
The most common reason behind the touchpad not working is outdated drivers. So to make the touchpad work properly, one must update the touchpad drivers. To update the touchpad drivers, follow the following steps
- Search device manager in the taskbar.
- Double click on the “human interface option.”
- After that, look for “mouse and other pointing devices” options.
- Right-click on the “touchpad” and select the “update driver” option.
|Note In case of any error, try to download drivers manually.|
- Update Windows
Sometimes updating windows can also help the touchpad work. As with new updates, the laptop can get the latest firmware removing all the bugs from the laptop.
- Repair Your Laptop
If any of the methods mentioned above are not helping you fix this problem, you might need your laptop to get repaired. There can be some problem with the laptop’s hardware, which is causing the malfunctioning of the touchpad.
- Enable Touchpad Through Settings
If the touchpad is stuck and you cannot use it but can use an external mouse, it is mainly because you have accidentally disabled it from the settings. So to enable it to go through the following steps.
- Open the start menu.
- Look for settings and double-click on them.
- In the settings menu, look for devices and click on them.
- Now double click on the touchpad option.
- Now, if it is turned off, you can turn it on.
Read More Best Laptops For Hacking
Enabling Touchpad Without Mouse
Somehow, if you are stuck with a disabled keyboard touchpad and currently have no external mouse, you can enable the touchpad with just your keypad. To enable it using the keyboard of the laptop, you must follow the following steps.
- First, open the window set by pressing the window + I key.
- Now search for the touchpad in the search bar.
- Once done, use arrow keys to turn on and off the touchpad and press enter key.
- You can toggle your touchpad on by pressing the space key.
The problematic touchpad of Lenovo is troublesome but is still of high quality. This simple malfunctioning of the touchpad can easily be solved through simple steps. So if you are also having trouble with your Lenovo notebook, this article will help you get rid of it.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
- Why is my Lenovo touchpad not working?
This happens mainly because the touchpad drivers aren't updated. So one needs to make sure to update the touchpad drivers if you want to enable the touchpad.
- Where are the touchpad settings for Windows 10?
In Windows 10, to check the touchpad settings, go to the Settings then open devices and search for the touchpad. That's it now you can access your touchpad settings here.