Acer is a well-known brand when it comes to laptops because these models come with unique features that you can’t easily find in the other brands out there. Talking about the unique features of the Acer laptops, how can one forget about the installed battery in the motherboard? A regular battery can be plucked out easily without removing any screws but this one requires a screwdriver.
To remove the Acer laptop battery firstly turn off the laptop and remove the screws using a PHO screwdriver. After removing the screws, It’s time to uncover the motherboard and carefully inspect it to check where the battery is located. Now unplug it and remove it from the motherboard.
During this process of battery removal, one has to be very careful. Any small misstep can lead to permanent damage to the laptop’s hardware. That’s why in this article I’ve provided all the minute details that one may need while removing an Acer laptop’s battery. So read this article till the last line and get your present in the end as well.
Precautions To Follow While Removing The Acer Laptop Battery
Removing a battery from a motherboard is tricky and dangerous as an inexperienced person may damage the motherboard or any other crucial part of the laptop. So, here are some tips which could be helpful to you when removing an Acer laptop battery.
- The first and most important thing is to make sure that the laptop is powered off entirely.
- Make sure that you have removed all the screws.
- Ensure that your hands are clean and no water is present.
- There must not be any cables attached to the motherboard when removing the back cover.
The Easiest Method For Removing Acer Laptop Battery
To remove the Acer laptop’s battery follow the below-mentioned steps.
- First, you should turn off your laptop and make sure to plug the power cable out.
- Now take the PH0 screwdriver and remove the two screws at the side of the battery to keep it stable inside the laptop.
- After removing the screws, remove the side covers and carefully examine the motherboard.
- Now find out where the battery is located and unplug it from the motherboard.
- After unplugging, gently remove the battery from the motherboard by plucking it out with your fingers.
Tutorial for removing the Power laptop battery of the old Acer laptop models. Because in the case of old models the battery is not inserted inside the motherboard. So the procedure of battery removal is different in such cases.
|Note In case you want to replace the old battery with a new one, you should see the model number written on the battery and get it from the market, plug it into the motherboard, and tighten the screws.|
How To Remove The Battery From Different Acer Models?
Removing a battery from a laptop is a simple task if it’s another brand, but in the case of Acer laptops, it’s a bit tricky and is somewhat a little different for different Acer laptops. Here I will help you to remove the battery of various Acer laptops.
Read More: Best Chromebooks For Students
Many people often struggle while replacing or removing the battery of Acer Aspire E15. However, removing the battery from these laptops is not a difficult task if a person does it carefully. Here are some steps that one should follow to remove the battery from the E15 series.
- Turn off your laptop.
- Place it upside down.
- Remove the screws using a screwdriver.
- After removing every screw, make sure to gently open the cover, starting from the side where the DVD player is installed.
- Now slide it to the side so that the USB, HDMI ports, and headphone jack are not damaged.
- Now do not pull it upward as the speaker is still connected at its bottom side, so gently pluck the wire out from the motherboard.
- After removing it, you have to pull the bottom cover out and unplug the battery from your motherboard.
|Note In case, if you want to see a tutorial on how to remove the battery from Acer aspire E15 series Click Here|
People with Acer travel Mate laptops often ask how to remove its battery. The battery removal of the TravelMate laptop is very easy and takes about 5 minutes if you follow these simple steps carefully.
- First, turn your laptop off and turn it upside down so that its back is facing the ceiling.
- This laptop has 13 screws at its back so make sure to remove all these screws using a PH0 screwdriver.
- After carefully removing the screws, remove the bottom cover.
- The battery is also tied with two 7mm screws; remove these screws using a PH0 screwdriver.
- Now unplug the battery from the motherboard and remove it by lifting it upward.
Like many other Acer laptops, Acer Aspire 3 has an internal battery that cannot be replaced easily; you have to remove the screws and open them from the motherboard. You can remove it simply like Acer travel mate and Acer Aspire E 15 laptops. The step-by-step methods to remove its battery are as follows.
- Turn off the power from the laptop and ensure that the power cable is unplugged
- Place the laptop on an anti-static pad so that the bottom is facing the ceiling.
- Now remove all the screws at its base and remove the bottom cover.
- After removing the base, remove two screws that are at both sides of the battery.
- Now unplug the battery from the motherboard; make sure you do it gently and do not damage the motherboard or the port.
- Now lift the battery upward and remove it from the board.
|Note If you have a different model of Acer Aspire 3, the process of removing the battery is the same, but the only difference will be in the position and number of screws.|
Acer Aspire 1, just like Acer’s other laptop, has an internal battery rather than an external battery, which makes it a little tricky to remove or change. Acer Aspire 1 battery removal method is as follows.
- First, turn your laptop off.
- Place it upside down so you can see all its screws.
- Now get the appropriate screwdriver and remove all the screws on its bottom surface.
- Now remove the bottom cover carefully by inserting your fingertips at all edges.
- Once the bottom surface is removed, find out the battery and remove the two screws holding the battery to the motherboard.
- Now gently unplug the battery from the motherboard and remove the battery by lifting it upwards.
|Note There is nothing connected at the bottom of the motherboard, so you do not have to worry about damaging anything when removing the back cover.|
Present (How To Remove CMOS Battery Of Acer Laptop)
As promised at the start, your bonus present is here. To remove CMOS all you need to do is
- just remove the screws of the laptop and uncover the motherboard.
- After doing this search for a wristwatch cell-like battery that appears more like a small metallic button in the bottom right corner of your Acer model.
- Once you got there carefully detach the CMOS and remove it.
- Video tutorial about removing the CMOS battery from your Acer model
Removing a battery from a laptop is an easy task, but Acer laptops are a little tricky as they come with an internal battery. In this article, I have provided methods for removing different Acer laptop batteries. In case you are done with your old laptop and want to buy a new Acer model then I’d highly recommend you Acer Aspire 5 because of its amazing quality and long battery life.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
- Can non-removable batteries be removed?
Yes, these can be removed by the manufacturer. This means that all the non-removable batteries can be removed but you can't do it at home because there is a high chance that you'll damage your laptop if you try to do it yourself.
- How do I know if my laptops need a new battery?
A red-colored cross will appear on the battery icon and after clicking on it the windows can show a caution “consider replacing your battery”. After seeing any such message popping up on your laptop, replace your battery immediately.
- How do I check my laptop battery life?
For checking the battery life go to the power shell option. Now type powercfg and press enter to get a report about your laptop's battery life.