Acer is a renowned brand when talking about laptops. Acer laptops come with unique features, which many other laptops of other brands lack. Among those features is an installed battery in the motherboard rather than a regular battery which could be plucked out easily without removing any screws.
If your Acer laptop’s battery has run out of its useful life or has been damaged, you have to take a PH0 screwdriver, remove the screws and pluck the battery outward from the motherboard.
Tips before removing laptop battery
Removing a battery from a motherboard is tricky and dangerous as an inexperienced person may damage the motherboard or any other important part of the laptop. So, here are some tips which could be helpful to you when removing an Acer laptop battery.
- The first and the most important thing is to make sure that the laptop is powered off entirely.
- Make sure that you have removed all the screws
- Ensure that your hands are clean and no water is present
- There must not be any cables attached to the motherboard when removing the back cover
Method to remove Acer laptop battery
To remove the Acer laptop’s battery following steps should be followed.
- First, you should turn off your laptop and make sure to plug the power cable out.
- Now take the PH0 screwdriver and remove the two screws at the side of the battery to keep it stable inside the laptop.
- After removing the screws, remove the side covers and carefully examine the motherboard.
- Now find out where the battery is located and unplug it from the motherboard.
- After unplugging, gently remove the battery from the motherboard by plucking it out with your fingers.
If you want to replace this battery with a new one, you should see the model number written on the battery and get it from the market, plug it in the motherboard, and tighten the screws.
How to remove the battery from different Acer laptops?
Removing a battery from a laptop is a simple task if it’s another brand, but in the case of Acer laptops, it’s a bit tricky and is somewhat a little different for different Acer laptops. Here we will help you to remove the battery of various Acer laptops.
The most common problem with people having Acer aspire E15 as a laptop is that they can not change their battery themselves. They have to go to the shop and pay them to replace their battery. So how do you replace or remove Acer aspire E15 battery?
Removing the battery from a laptop is not a difficult task if a person does it carefully, anyone could do it. So here are the following steps one must follow these steps.
- Turn off your laptop.
- Place it upside down.
- Remove the screws using a screwdriver.
- After removing every screw, make sure to gently open its cover and start it from the side where the DVD player is installed.
- Now slide it to the side so that the USB, HDMI ports, and headphone jack are not damaged.
- Now do not pull it upward as the speaker is still connected at its bottom side, so gently pluck the wire out from the motherboard.
- After removing it, you have to pull the bottom cover out and unplug the battery from your motherboard.
People with Acer travel Mate laptops often ask how to remove its battery? The battery removal of the TravelMate laptop is very easy and takes about 5 minutes if you follow these simple steps carefully
- First, turn your laptop off and turn it upside down so that its back is facing the ceiling
- This laptop has 13 screws at its back so make sure to remove all these screws using a PH0 screwdriver.
- After carefully removing the screws, remove the bottom cover.
- The battery is also tied with two 7mm screws; remove the screws using a PH0 screwdriver
- Now unplug the battery from the motherboard and remove it by lifting it upward.
Removing a battery from a laptop is an easy task, but Acer laptops are a little tricky as they come with an internal battery. So to remove Acer batteries, one must know how to do it, so in this article, we have provided methods for removing different Acer laptops batteries. The methods are almost identical, but one must first know his laptop’s structure and carefully follow the steps mentioned above while removing the battery.