Dedicated to raising customer experiences via the most satisfactory product quality, best customer interface, and format aesthetics, MSI is a supreme trademark that outlines the fate of technology. However, sometimes when your laptop isn’t working the way you’re expecting because of malware or a virus then it’s the time for a factory reset.
You can reset your MSI laptop by simply connecting this to a power supply. The MSI logo will appear then press the F3 button to get into the System Restore interface. Select Troubleshoot and press Enter key. Select “Restore MSI factory settings.”
It will reset an MSI laptop to the main manufacturer settings. This complete factory reset clears all bugs and cyberattacks. Though a factory reset clears bugs and fixes problems, it also removes all changes and extensions within the system. The system returns to its original state.
Factory Reset Impacts
Factory Reset, also known as Windows System Restore or Hard Reset, revitalizes your computer to its earliest manufactory settings. It deletes all the files, drivers, applications, and installed programs and retrogresses the system settings to the default state. Lost file records and many modifications alchemized over the laptop lifespan can cause interruption, flapping, and viruses can likewise provoke tribulations.
A factory reset fixes all the problems. However, save the required programs and files to an external drive before resetting, as programs and files not part of the manufacturer’s settings can get lost during the factory reset.
Method Of Performing MSI Factory Reset In Windows 10
The following two-step method is often used for doing MSI factory reset in Windows 10.
Access The Restore Interface
To carry out the factory reset process, initially ingress the Restore Interface that contains distinct reset commands. The systems use this interface to preclude an unexpected factory reset process that can inadvertently obliterate the programs and files.
To enter the Restore interface, turn off the laptop. Once it is off, please turn it on again, and wait for the appearance of the MSI logo. When the MSI logo appears, press the F3 key. In an MSI laptop, The F3 key is the reset button. A menu will open that contains the Factory Reset option.
MSI Factory Reset Process
To access the reset option, select the Troubleshoot option from the menu. Many options are enabled with the ‘Reset this PC’ option. This option allows you to retain or delete files, and it eventually uninstalls and reinstalls Windows. This is a great way to revive the most important settings and clean up without overviewing factory maintenance.
In other words, you can save pre-installed programs, although these programs may contain bugs and viruses through the reinstallation procedure. A complete restoration process is essential to improve the system.
- To perform the factory reset process, select the ‘Restore MSI Factory Settings’ option and select the ‘OK’ option that appears after the warning.
- The factory maintenance process gets completed in a few minutes.
- After that, the laptop shuts down and restarts to finish the process.
The speed and performance of the laptop should get improved later in the MSI factory reset process. However, the renewal of programs and loading on the hard drive will slow down the system.
Factory Reset For MSI Laptop Without Password
In the case of Windows 8 or 10, if you do not know the admin password for the laptop and are unable to access the system, hold down the Shift key and click the Power button on the login screen.
- After selecting the Troubleshoot option, select the Reset this PC option.
- After this, choose the remove everything option and reinstall Windows.
In the case of Windows 7, a factory reset gets performed without a Password by employing the ‘Repair your Computer.’
- Restart your laptop, when the logo appears on the screen, press the F8 key repeatedly till you can access the ‘Advanced Boot Options” menu.
- Choose the ‘Repair your Computer’ alternative and press the Enter key to access the “System Recovery Options” screen.
- Afterward, select your keyboard’s design, and select the ‘Next’ option.
- Once the “System Recovery Options” screen appears, select the ‘System Restore option to inspect the data in your ‘Restore Partition’ and perform the factory reset on the laptop without a password.
MSI F3 Recovery USB Download
The MSI laptop users often complain that their MSI factory reset F3 is not working. If your F3 MSI factory system recovery function fails and displays an error message: “Reagentc.exe set OS image false” then you can use the following procedure for making a bootable USB to fix this problem.
- Download the ‘WinRE tool‘.
- Open the folder and duplicate all files in the folder to a blank USB flash drive.
- Restart the laptop and press the F11 key to specify the USB flash drive like a boot disk.
- Wait for the MSI Recovery System Window to show up.
- Select the ‘System Partition Recovery’ option to initiate the system reset.
- Stay till the recovery process is complete, and then restart the laptop to restore the factory settings.
MSI Factory Reset From BIOS
- Go to the “BIOS Setup” menu, and press the F9 key to access the factory default settings.
- Select the “OK” option, and press the Enter key.
- To keep the modifications and escape the “BIOS Setup” menu, press the F10 key.
Restarting MSI laptop When Frozen
- Unplug the Power cord, take out the battery from the laptop, and hold down its power button for 1 minute.
- Then release the power button. It removes any buildup in the system that could be preventing your system from working.
- Put the battery back in the laptop, plug the power cord, and try to turn it on again.
If this method does not work, move to the next phase of this procedure.
- Again, unplug the Power cord, take out the battery from the laptop, hold down its power button for 1 minute, and then release it.
- Put the battery back on the lap. Moreover, do not plug the power cord and try to turn it on again. If the laptop turns on in this phase, the power cord might put too much energy into the system. It prevents your system from working.
If this one too does not work, move to the third phase of this protocol.
- Repeat the same process.
- Plug the power cord into the MSI laptop, but do not put the battery back in, and try to turn it on again.
Watch Video Guide
I assume that all your doubts regarding the factory reset of the MSI laptop must be clear by now. Factory reset is nothing but one of the best ways for getting rid of any malware and freezing issues but be careful as it will delete all your data and will bring your laptop back to its factory setting.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- How to reset a gaming laptop?
Turn on your gaming laptop and press the F11 key several times. It will start the system recovery setting and a menu will open. Select Troubleshoot option and elect Reset this laptop.
- How do I reset my MSI laptop password?
Password resetting settings are available in the control panel option. Right-click on the control panel and a new window will come off. Now select password settings, reset your password, or set a new one.
- Does factory reset delete everything?
No factory reset does not wipe out the files completely. All such files are available on your hard disk. The hard disk keeps all the deleted catalogs. Factory Reset implies that one cannot access those files from a laptop system. However, one can recover such files.