The battery icon, which is mostly available in the bottom right corner of the laptop, makes It quite easy to keep track of how much power is left on the laptop. However, at times this icon can be disabled or hidden which can be quite frustrating especially if you’re in an area without power or electricity.
To cope with this issue you can restore the battery icon just by clicking on the “up arrow” mark present at the bottom right corner of the taskbar. Now go to the taskbar settings and click on the notifications, search the battery icon usually named power, and turn it on.
If this won’t help then you can also opt for the other methods mentioned down below. So just keep reading this article till the last line as I have mentioned all those details that one may need to enable their battery icon.
2 Reasons Why The Battery Icon Is Missing
This is a very common problem faced by people using a windows laptop. They cannot see the battery icon on their taskbar, which is a little troublesome for many people. So following are the two main reasons behind the missing battery icon
- It might be hidden.
- It might be disabled.
6 Ways To Get The Battery Icon On The Taskbar
I have already told you the reasons behind the missing battery icon on Windows 10. Now let’s move to the next step, making the battery icon visible on the taskbar, You can follow any of the below methods to get the battery icon on the taskbar.
1. Hidden Tray
Many times, the battery icon is not visible on the taskbar as it is hidden. You can simply follow the following steps to see if the battery icon is hidden and also how to make it visible on the taskbar.
- Show hidden icons by clicking on the up arrow mark at the bottom right of the taskbar.
- Look for the battery icon, if it is found, proceed with the steps.
- Now open taskbar settings by right click on any part of the taskbar.
- Look for the notification area and check the icons you want on your taskbar.
- Look for the battery icon named power and turn it on.
|Note Once done following the steps, the battery icon will be visible on your laptop’s taskbar.
2. Enable The Icon
What if the battery icon is nowhere to be found in the hidden tray at the taskbar? In such a case, the battery icon is disabled from the settings. You have to make sure that the battery icon is enabled. The following steps will help you to enable the battery icon from settings.
- Right-click on the blank part of the taskbar.
- A menu will appear to click on taskbar settings.
- Once done, scroll down and click on the turn on or off system icon option.
- Another menu will appear, scroll down and look for the battery icon labeled as power.
- Turn it on by clicking on it.
These steps will help you restore the battery icon on the laptop’s taskbar.
Read More How Much Does Laptop Battery Cost?
3. Disable And Enable Battery
If any of the above methods are not working for you, disabling and enabling the battery might help you fix the problem. To disable and enable the battery, follow the following steps.
- Press the Window key + X simultaneously.
- A popup window will appear to select the device manager from the options.
- Now from the new options, double click on the battery option.
- The icon will expand to show more options.
- Two options will appear 1. Microsoft ACPI –compliant control method battery 2. Microsoft AC adapter battery
- Right-click on each option and disable them.
- Again right-click on each and now enable them.
- Now restart the laptop. You will be able to see the battery icon on the taskbar.
4. Reinstall Drivers
If disabling and enabling the battery doesn’t work for you, just try reinstalling the drivers. To do it, follow these steps.
- Again open the device manager and extend the battery option.
- Now right click on the options available under the battery and select the uninstall device option.
- Once the previous drivers are removed, click on the scan for hardware changes option.
- Now restart your laptop so that new drivers are installed on the laptop.
If you are still facing the problem, then you can use the troubleshoot option. This is the built-in program in windows to solve some basic problems. So to troubleshoot power options, follow these steps.
- Open the start menu.
- Click on PC settings and then Go to the update and security option.
- Look for the troubleshoot option and click on it.
- Now look for the power option and run troubleshooting for it.
- When the troubleshooting is finished, your problem must be solved.
6. Restart Windows Explorer
If you are still having trouble fixing the battery icon problem for the laptop, then you might consider restarting windows explorer. It might help the battery icon to appear on the taskbar again. To restart windows explorer, follow these steps.
- Right-click on any blank part of the taskbar.
- Select task manager from the list of options.
- A popup window will appear; click on the process option.
- Now scroll in the process tab and locate windows explorer.
- Right-click on the window explorer option.
- Now select Restart from a list of options.
- Restart your laptop, and your problem must be solved.
The battery icon is not very important for a person who usually stays at home, but its importance is noticed when you are outside without a charger. A missing icon might cause some problems, so here I have enlisted some methods that will help you restore your battery icon on Windows 10. In case you’re looking for a good laptop under 700$ then consider buying the 2022 HP Chromebook.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I get my battery icon back on Windows 10?
Restoring the battery icon on windows 10 doesn’t require much hustle, just go to the taskbar and then click on the notification, look for the “power” icon and turn it on.
Why did my battery icon disappear on my laptop?
The battery icon is not showing up because it is time to reinstall the battery drivers. As it happens mostly when the battery drivers are not working properly.