Many people take their laptops out without a charger. What if you can’t find a battery icon at the taskbar of your laptop. Would you still take the risk of taking it without a charger? I assume not. The battery icon tells the user how much charging a laptop has, and the estimated time it will last.
The battery icon is always visible at the bottom right corner of the taskbar, but sometimes it is missing in windows 10. So how to restore a missing battery icon in Windows 10? To restore the battery icon, you should enable it from the settings. Here I will discuss how you can restore the battery icon and remove the worry of always carrying a charger with you.
Why is the battery icon missing?
This is a very common problem faced by people using a windows laptop. They cannot see the battery icon on their task, which is a little troublesome for many people. So, what are the reasons behind the missing battery icon? It is not rocket science; I’ll explain the major reasons causing this problem.
- It might be hidden
- It might be disabled.
How to get the battery icon on the taskbar?
I have already told you the reasons behind the missing battery icon on Windows 10. Then let’s move to the next step: making the battery icon visible on the taskbar? You can follow any of the below methods to get the battery icon on the taskbar.
1. Hidden tray
Many times, the battery icon is not visible on the taskbar as it is hidden. You can simply follow the following steps to see if the battery icon is hidden and also how to make it visible on the taskbar.
- Show hidden icons by clicking on the up arrow mark at the bottom right of the taskbar.
- Look for the battery icon; if it is found, proceed with the steps.
- Now open taskbar settings by right click on any part of the taskbar.
- Look for the notification area and check the icons you want on your taskbar.
- Look for the battery icon named power and turn it on.
Note: Once done following the steps, the battery icon will be visible on your laptop’s taskbar.
2. Enable the icon
What if the battery icon is nowhere to be found in the hidden tray at the taskbar? In such a case, the battery icon is disabled from the settings; you have to make sure that the battery icon is enabled. The following steps will help you to enable the battery icon from settings.
- Right-click on the blank part of the taskbar.
- A menu will appear to click on taskbar settings.
- Once done, scroll down and click on the turn on or off system icon option.
- Another menu will appear; scroll down and look for the battery icon labeled as power.
- Turn it on by clicking on it.
These steps will definitely help you restore the battery icon on your laptop’s taskbar.
3. Disable and enable battery
If any of the above methods are not working for you, you must try reinstalling the battery drivers. There might be some problems with the drivers, so disabling and enabling the battery might help you fix the problem. To disable and enable the battery, follow the following steps.
- Press window key + X simultaneously.
- A popup window will appear to select the device manager from the options.
- Now from the new options, double click on the battery option.
- The icon will expand to show more options.
- Two options will appear:
Microsoft ACPI –compliant control method battery
Microsoft AC adapter battery
- Right-click on each option and disable them.
- Again right-click on each and now enable them.
- Now restart your laptop. You will be able to see the battery icon on the taskbar.
4. Reinstall drivers
If disabling and enabling the battery doesn’t work for you, just try reinstalling the drivers. To do it, follow these steps.
- Again open the device manager and extend the battery option.
- Now right click on the options available under the battery and select the uninstall device option.
- Once the previous drivers are removed, click on the scan for hardware changes option.
- Now restart your laptop so that new drivers are installed on your laptop.
Hopefully, the method mentioned above might help you eliminate your battery icon problem if you do not follow other methods.
If you are still facing the problem, then you can use the troubleshoot option. This is the built-in program in windows to solve some basic problems. Go to troubleshoot power options, follow these steps.
- Open start menu.
- Click on PC settings and then Go to the update and security option.
- Look for the troubleshoot option and click on it.
- Now look for the power option and run troubleshooting for it.
- When the troubleshooting is finished, your problem might be solved.
6. Restart windows explorer
If you are still having trouble fixing the battery icon problem for your laptop, then you might consider restarting windows explorer. It might help your battery icon to appear on your taskbar again. To restart windows explorer, follow these steps.
- Right-click on any blank part of the taskbar.
- Select task manager from the list of options.
- A popup window will appear; click on the process option.
- Now scroll in the process tab and locate windows explorer.
- Right-click on the window explorer option
- Now select restart from a list of options.
- Restart your laptop, and your problem might be solved.
The battery icon is not very important for a person who usually stays in the home, but its importance is noticed when you are outside without a charger. A missing icon might cause some problems, so here I have enlisted some methods that might help you restore your battery icon on Windows 10.
The methods mentioned above are very good and effective for many people. If you are having the same problem, follow any of the methods, and it will help you get rid of this irritating problem.