Acer is a name known for the quality of its gadgets. No one can beat Acer when it comes to their amazing built quality and functioning. However, it’s good but like a curate’s egg has a downside too. With most of their laptops there’s this issue that when you turn these on, a black screen appears. People mostly complain about this problem by saying that the blue light on the laptop is on, and the keyboard also gets lit up, but the screen is black.
Well, you don’t have to worry at all because you can fix the Acer laptop black screen issue by updating the input and output drivers of your laptop.
The black screen may appear due to some hardware or software issues. The potential reason behind the appearance of a black screen on the laptop is a malfunctioned system file that prevents the operating system from loading.
9 Ways To Fix Acer Laptop Black Screen
People are often worried about how to fix this issue. However, there is nothing to worry about with the black screen. You can fix this issue by using the below-mentioned procedures in this article. Professionals recommend that these methods are usable for
- Fixing Acer Laptop Black Screen with Cursor
- Fixing Acer Aspire 3 Black Screen
- Fixing Acer Aspire 1 Black Screen
- Fixing Acer Aspire e14 Black Screen
- Fixing Acer Aspire e15 Black Screen
- Fixing Acer Aspire 4736z Black Screen
- Fixing Acer Aspire 3100 Black Screen
You do not need to test them all. Just go over at the bottom of the list till the problem is solved.
Method #1 Power Reset
It is the simplest way of fixing this problem. To do this, push the power key and hold it for around fifteen seconds. It will turn off the laptop. Then wait for a few minutes and turn it on by pressing the power button again.
If this method fixes the issue, that’s great. Otherwise, move to the next step.
Method # 2 Using The F2/F9/F10 Key
- Turn off the laptop and remove any external gizmos.
- Then turn it on by pressing the power button.
- After the Acer logo appears, press the F2/ F9/ F10 key. Then, press Enter.
- Afterward, select the Exit option, select “Yes,” then press Enter key.
Method # 3 Updating/Resetting/Reinstalling The Graphic Card Driver
If the issue is due to an outdated or corrupt driver, you can fix it by reinstalling, updating, or resetting the graphic card driver.
To reinstall the Graphic Card Driver, follow the steps mentioned below:
- From the Start menu or the “Control Panel,” go to the Device Manager.
- Extend the “Display Adapter” alternatives, choose the installed graphic card driver, right-click and then uninstall it.
- Afterward, download the driver software, install it again, and access it from the Device Manager.
Method # 4 Removing Virus/Malware
If the appearance of a black screen is due to the attack of virus/ malware onto the laptop’s disk, you can fix it by using effective antivirus software like Avira, Norton, Avast, etc. For this purpose, carry out a scan of your laptop’s hard drive, see if there is any virus, and then remove it.
If required, format the whole hard drive to remove any vicious commodity from it.
Method # 5 Updating The Basic Input And Output System
Sometimes, some issues with the “Basic Input and Output System” may also cause the appearance of a black screen. In this case, try fixing this problem by updating the “Basic Input and Output System” settings on your laptop by following the below-mentioned steps.
- From the “Start” menu, click on the “Run” prompt and type “msinfo32” to open the “System Information” window.
- Review and report the current version installed on your laptop.
- Move to Acer’s website, download the updated version of “Basic Input and Output System,” and unzip the downloaded file.
- Attach an empty USB to your laptop and send the uncompressed data from the “Basic Input and Output System” to it.
- Then restart the laptop and press the F2/ F12/ DEL key to enter the “Basic Input and Output System” settings.
- Then select the Boot option, go to the Advanced settings, and install the upgraded “Basic Input and Output System” from the USB drive.
Method # 6 Testing The Laptop With An External Monitor
Connect the laptop to an external monitor to check the backend of the black screen. If the accurate display appears on the external monitor, it indicates the problem is with the system’s screen and not due to its coding. You can fix this issue by replacing the laptop’s display or going to an assistance center to obtain reliable service.
The following steps can help to test the laptop with an exterior monitor.
- Attach the exterior monitor to your laptop.
- Notice if the laptop screen gets displayed on the exterior monitor or not. If the laptop screen is not displayed, press the “F4” key till the screen is displayed.
- If the screen appears on the exterior monitor, the conflict between the graphic card driver and the LCD can be the culprit. To fix this issue, install the updated version of the graphics card driver on your laptop.
Method # 7 Checking The Battery And AC Adapter Of The Laptop
Sometimes a discharged system might also be the reason behind the appearance of a black screen on Acer’s laptop.
If the battery or the AC adapter of the laptop is not working, it might not be possible to turn on the laptop. To solve this issue, first, check the adapter by linking it to some other device and then the battery and have it checked to ensure the absence of any serious hardware issue.
Method # 8 Resettling The Memory Module
Another reason behind the appearance of the black screen might be a loose memory module that does not allow the laptop to display the images. So black screen issue also gets solved by resettling the memory module. You can eventually accomplish this by dragging the AC adapter from your laptop, drawing and resettling the memory stick, and then reinstalling the AC adapter.
Method # 9 Restarting The Video Drivers
A black screen also appears in Windows 10. It happens because your Windows 10 doesn’t develop a connection with the video drivers. Due to this, a black screen with a cursor appears. It means that the mouse pointer appears on the full and drab screen. To fix this black screen in Windows 10, follow these steps
- Press Windows + Control + Shift + B key simultaneously.
- It will restart the video drivers.
- Now, Windows will try to establish its connection with the drivers.
- A normal booting process will take place.
- The display screen will most probably appear.
That’s it, these are the methods that you can use to fix the black screen issue of Acer laptops. However, if you’re interested in upgrading to the latest Acer model then I’d highly recommend you to buy the 2022 Newest Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop as it comes with some amazing specs.