Sims 4 is one of the most satisfying simulation games that many of us love to play because of the realistic feel that this game offers. The game has so many exciting features which can keep us all entertained for a longer period. However, sometimes sims 4 gets frustrating because of unwanted lagging and I know if you are here you must have experienced it.
So to make Sims 4 run faster on your laptop you just need to clean your laptop, lower the graphic settings, update the graphic drivers, and if these things don’t work then repair the game you can also try to reset the game folder for better results.
For understanding in detail all the above-mentioned methods and what affects performance the most just give this article a read.
Sims 4 System Requirements
So before discussing the methods to make Sims 4 run faster let us have a look at the system requirements of Sims 4 to make sure that your laptop is compatible with the game.
In the table below you can check the minimum requirements for running Sims 4 on your laptop.
|Processor||Intel Core i5 with at least 1.8 GHz speed or any other equivalent option|
|Operating system||It should be at least Windows 7 (64 bit) or you can opt for the latest ones too|
|Graphics card||NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or any other equivalent option with a 128 MB of dedicated video memory|
|Space||15 GB free space|
6 Simple Methods To Make Sims 4 Run Faster On Your Laptop
There can be several reasons why the Sims 4 is lagging on your laptop, to help you deal with that here you can find multiple methods so that if one doesn’t work for you another one does. So let’s have a look at those methods one by one.
Clean your Laptop
Not only in the case of sims 4 but for running any application smoothly one has to remove all the junk files to clean your laptop so that it can offer better and lag-free performance. So for cleaning your laptop all you need to do is
- Go to settings
- Click system
- Click on storage
- Now you can see the option of cleaning up with every drive.
- Just click the clean-up for the drive you want to clean.
- After cleaning up it’s time to reboot your system and then you can check if the Sims 4 is running properly or not.
In case it’s still lagging, follow the second method.
Lowering the Graphics Settings
Now here is the most crucial factor that can cause Sims 4 to lag. There is a high chance that while setting up you have put the in-game graphics setting to high mode.
So what you need to do is to put these graphic settings to low for better performance.
Just open Sims 4 then after clicking the main menu go to game options and then change the settings for the game options to low, including the display type, edge smoothing, 3D scene resolution, lighting, and visual effects.
Updating the Graphics Drivers
If the second method didn’t work for you then here is the third one for you. So if you are fond of playing games on a laptop then updating drivers is the most crucial step that you should take to enjoy a better gaming experience.
- Go to device manager
- Now double click the display adapters
- An option for the default graphic processor will pop up in the dropdown window after right-clicking on that you can look for the update driver options.
- As soon as you see that click it and now you have to click “Search automatically” and there you go the drivers are updated!
Sometimes we have to repair the game to get lag-free performance. For repairing games, one can use different software like steam, etc.
Reset Game Folder
If still, it is not performing the way you want now you have to reset the folder of Sims 4.
Which is pretty simple and you don’t have to put much effort into it.
- Go to file explorer and open the document folder and then look for electronic arts click it and then click Sims 4.
- Now copy all the files from the mods, tray, and save folder for creating a backup.
- Create three new folders on your laptop and paste mods files into the first one save’s file into the second one and similarly tray’s files into the third one.
- Now, as soon as you start Sims 4 a new Sims 4 folder will auto-generate.
- It’s time to paste all your files into their respective folders. That’s it you are good to go.
If Nothing Works then Upgrade
So you have tried all the steps and still, the game is lagging? Well, it’s a sign that you have to upgrade your hardware because your system is not up to date and can’t deal with a demanding game like Sims 4.
So by now, I hope that you’ve understood how to fix your laptop for Sims 4. However, if your current laptop isn’t good enough for playing a demanding game like Sims 4 and you want a new one with Windows 10 then consider buying the Asus TUF gaming laptop. Also, if you want to buy one with Mac OS then Apple MacBook Air 2020 is one of the best options overall.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
- Why is Sims 4 so slow on my laptop?
Sims 4 can slow down on a laptop due to multiple reasons. Maybe there are too many applications running in the background, or there is a high chance you haven't refreshed your laptop for a long time.
- How to make Sims 4 less laggy?
One can make Sims 4 less laggy by cleaning your laptop, lowering the graphics setting, updating the graphic drivers, repairing the game, and resetting the game folder.
- Does Sims 4 run well on a laptop?
Definitely, it does. All you have to make sure is check if your laptop meets the minimum system requirements for running Sims 4 or not. If the answer is yes then you'll have the same or even better experience while playing Sims 4 on your laptop as you have on your PC.