Hp has become the strongest contender for laptops because of its extended battery life. The ergonomic structure and long battery timing enable the user to complete tasks on the go. However, after buying a new laptop, one can have concerns about the battery timing.
The HP laptop’s battery timing prolongs from 4 to 8 hours. The exact battery timing will depend on the HP model you have, its usage, charging method, the capacity of batteries, and the type of batteries integrated into the laptop.
However, the average lifespan for a Hp laptop is about 1000 charges or 2-4 years. After this, one can replace the battery with a new one.
4 Reasons Why My Hp Laptop Battery Drain So Fast
Some facets compromise the battery timing of the Hp laptop. Here are some of those factors
1. Processes running at the back
Although these laptops have enormous space for installing software and other apps, there is a drawback because apps keep running in the background. These apps cost a lot of power to operate and drain the battery.
Also Read: How To Remove Acer Laptop Battery?
2. Heavy Applications
Some people operate heavy-duty software on their laptops. For example, games like Fallout 4 or management software will put a heavy load on the laptop. Such games have high-resolution graphics and audio. So, they can cause overheating of the chassis and drain its battery rapidly.
3. Brightness of screen
The high brightness of the screen is also a culprit of battery drainage. Although a bright screen helps in working on the laptop in sunlight, it sucks the battery in no time. For example, If your Hp laptop operates for 7 hours on mild brightness, it will last for 3.5 hours at full brightness.
4. Peripheral Network Connections
Sometimes, you may need to connect your laptop with multiple devices or network providers. These providers, like Bluetooth and WiFi, can drain the battery.
Charging Tips For Hp Laptop Battery
Battery timing is the most important factor while investing in a laptop. From a student to a business person, battery timing and charging are the main concerns of everyone. Here I have figured out some tips for charging the Hp laptop battery
- It is a bit of sincere advice to not let the laptop remain plugged in all the time.
- Avoid charging the laptop battery to the fullest.
- Always use a charger of the original brand of the laptop.
- Buy a charger that has a suitable wattage for charging the Hp laptop.
- Replace the malfunctioning charger or adapter immediately.
How Long Does An Average Hp Laptop Battery Last
Hp laptops come to be a good fit for the best laptops for battery timing. The brand has worked to provide premium quality components in the laptops. Likewise, nearly all Hp laptops use lithium-ion batteries, which is amazing. However, these batteries have a lifetime of about 1000 charges or 2-4 years.
Although the battery life also depends on several factors, including the way of usage. But this is the average lifespan of all laptop batteries. After this, you can go for a new battery and replace the old one.
Checking The Health Of My Hp Laptop Battery
Checking the health of the laptop is not difficult. Moreover, it would be better to keep checking the health of the laptop battery from time to time because it will save you from any troubling situation. By knowing the battery’s health, you will be able to replace the battery timely. Here is the step-by-step process to check the health
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard while pressing the X key simultaneously.
- Click on the PowerShell icon of windows.
- Type the following command on the PowerShell interface; powercfg /battery report /output C:\battery-report.Html.
- You will find out the report in the form of an HTML file.
- The report will indicate the battery timing, capacity, and estimated lifespan.
Improving Battery Life Of My HP Laptop
Here are some tips to make the laptop battery work for a longer time.
- Close or shut down all the programs running in the background.
- Keep closing all the opened tabs on the taskbar.
- Try to use the Hibernate feature when the laptop is not in use.
- Turn off the peripheral network connections such as Bluetooth and WiFi.
- Do not use the laptop below the battery percentage of 30%.
- Avoid overheating the battery and hardware.
- Shut down the power-draining apps rapidly.
- Do not increase the brightness of the laptop screen above a specific value.
- Turn on the power-saving features to avoid extra consumption and rapid drainage.
I’m sure that now you know all about HP laptop batteries. In case you’re searching for an amazing HP laptop with a long-lasting battery then I believe HP EliteBook 840 G7 is a perfect fit for you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Are 6 hours of battery life good for a laptop?
No, because the modern and brand new Laptops come with extended battery life even the lighter notebook and laptops can operate on the power source for a whole day. A full-day battery timing means 8-10 hours. So, 6 hours timing is comparatively lesser.
- Is it okay to leave your laptop plugged in after charging?
It is not good practice to keep your laptop plugged in after charging. It would be better to keep the battery percentage up to 90%. Moreover, plugging in the laptop after a complete charge or overnight can affect the lifetime of the battery.
- Can we interchange the laptop chargers?
Yes, you can but keep in mind that if you want to use the same charger for a different laptop, do check for the wattage of the charger. The wattage of the charger must be compatible with the laptop version.