Do you want to sell your Compaq laptop because these are outdated now and you want to upgrade to a better option but you are worried about the breaching of your personal information and data? If that’s the case with you then this article is for you as I’m going to explain how to reset your Compaq laptop back to factory settings in detail.
For resetting turn on your laptop and then hold F11 until a window pops up showing multiple options. Now click on system recovery and choose whether you want to back up your files or not, click reset and it’s done.
Not satisfied yet? Wanna know more about resetting a laptop and its benefits so just keep reading this article, as it holds all the information that one needs for factory resetting Compaq laptops.
Why Should you Reset your Laptop?
There are several conditions when one is left with no option but to reset their laptop. Following are those
1. For Selling your Laptop
This is the most common condition where one needs to reset their laptop because no one wants their personal information to be leaked whether it be photos or important business documents. Resetting your laptop will remove all these personal files permanently from your laptop.
2. Because of a Virus or Malware
If you have accidentally installed malware or a virus on your laptop now is the time to reset your laptop because this is how you can get rid of that persistent virus perpetually.
3. Nothing is Working
Are you facing an unusual freezing issue and not sure what’s causing this and have tried almost everything but nothing really seems to work? Well, you might need to reset your laptop. There is a high chance that it’ll work.
Benefits of Resetting Laptop
Although there is this fear of losing data through a factory reset, resetting a laptop can be beneficial in so many ways too. I have discussed some of those benefits below
Smooth and Lag-Free Performance
After resetting when you restart your laptop it starts working as a new laptop and you are absolutely going to love its fast and smooth performance with no lags at all. It happens because it wipes out all the unwanted files and sets your laptop back to its factory settings.
Helps in Discarding Undesirable Data
There is a high chance that your laptop is filled with a lot of junk files, caches, and other folders and apps that you no longer need. So, factory resetting will remove all those files and frees up a lot of space.
Apart from elevating performance and freeing up space, resetting will also clean all the viruses and malware from your laptop.
Things To See Before Resetting Your Laptop
Most of the time when anyone opts for resetting their laptop they usually end up losing their important data. So, if you have decided to reset your laptop then you should check on the following things before resetting your laptop as it’ll ensure that you won’t lose any important data.
- Create a backup.
- Copy your browser settings.
- Copy your drivers.
- Check the installation disk.
- Save downloads that are in progress.
Factory Reset A Compaq Laptop Windows 7
It’s the simplest and easiest of all just open your laptop, hold on to the F11 key and wait for the recovery manager to show up after that press system recovery, and then press ok, that’s all you need to do.
Watch out our Factory Reset Video
Factory reset a Compaq laptop without password Windows 7
Open your laptop and click on the “Repair your laptop” or “Repair your computer” option on the laptop screen which will lead you to system recovery. Now you have to click system restore which will automatically factory reset your laptop after reviewing the Restore partition.
Factory Reset A Compaq Laptop Windows 10
This involves three simple steps that I have mentioned below.
- After opening your laptop just go to HP system recovery.
- Now click ok so that the recovery mood turns on.
- Choose the type of recovery and press enter on your keyboard which will recover the data.
That’s all you’ve successfully factory reset your laptop.
Factory Reset A Compaq laptop with Windows Vista
- First of all, restart your laptop
- Now keep on pressing F8 until the black screen disappears.
- Now on your laptop screen, you will be able to see some options out of which you’ll have to choose “Repair your computer” and then press enter.
- Now the system recovery option Window pops up which will ask you to choose a language.
- After that, you are supposed to enter your password.
- Now click on the recovery manager.
- After reading all the conditions click next.
- Lastly, click finish and your laptop will restart.
Factory Reset Compaq Presario CQ56 (Without CD)
- Just hold F11 until you start hearing the beep.
- The screen will show that Windows is loading files.
- Now you’ll see a menu containing the system recovery option just click that.
- Choose whether you want to back up your files or not.
- Select next and wait until the reset is in process.
- Now click finish and your laptop will automatically reboot.
- After that, you can set up your laptop.
By now I strongly hope that all your confusion regarding factory resetting the Compaq laptop must be clear.
If you are looking to upgrade your old Compaq laptop with a new HP laptop then I would highly recommend HP Pavilion 15.6″ FHD Laptop as it’s a stunning laptop with an anti-glare display and long battery life.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does hard reset delete everything on the laptop?
Yes, the hard reset also known as factory reset will delete all the files and data that you’ve put in your laptop because it will set the laptop back to factory settings.
How do you wipe a computer clean to sell it?
You can do it by simply resetting your laptop, just go to settings and then click update and security after that choose recovery and press get started. Finally, finish the process and reboot.
Why can’t I factory reset my laptop?
It’s happening due to the corrupted system files that won’t let your laptop or PC reset. What you can do is to SFC(system file checker) scan these files so that they can get repaired and then you can again try to reset your laptop.