A screenshot is a print of your current display screen. We often need to take a screenshot of a loaded website to record the necessary information. Taking a screenshot on the laptop is as easy as on any other device.
All you need to do is just press the window key and PrSc key on the keyboard simultaneously. The screen will flicker, and it will capture the recent screen. The blinking of the screen indicates that the screenshot got taken.
It will copy the screenshot on the clipboard. One can save it by pasting it into the Word file or the Paint program. However, the Paint will save the screenshot in the form of an image.
Why One May Need To Capture Their Screen
Sometimes, it’s difficult for us to download the information on the website or save some images on the laptop. Taking a screenshot of the laptop windows can help us in this regard. So, a screenshot is a way to capture the pictures or information displayed on the screen.
A screenshot captures the entire screen. However, if someone wants to screenshot a small area of the screen, they can crop the screenshot using the following software
- Snag it.
4 Tools For Taking Screenshots On An MSI Laptop
Different Laptops use different software for taking a screenshot of the screen. However, I am giving a list of the best and most highly recommended Tools. Whether one wants to screenshot on MSI GF63 or GS66, these tools will definitely help.
- Print Screen Key.
- Snipping tool.
- Snip and sketch.
- Snag it.
1. Print Screen Key
Print Screen is available on the MSI keyboard which helps users to capture the screen. It is free and works smoothly in Windows 10 and 11. Professionals call it the easiest method for screen printing because one only needs to press some keys to complete the task.
The Print Screen Key captures the complete desktop screen and saves it in a specific space. The major drawback of this method is that it cannot screenshot a small portion of the screen but will screenshot the entire screen. So one needs to crop the required part afterward.
- Press the Window key and PrScr button simultaneously.
- The screen will flicker for a while.
- It will screenshot the opened website or data.
- Open Paint from the Windows starts menu.
- Or open Microsoft Office from your applications.
- Click on the Paste tab from the list to paste the screenshot into the respective software.
- You can also press Ctrl + V key simultaneously to paste a screenshot.
- Press Ctrl + S key to save the screenshot.
- A dialogue box will open, and you can rename the file here.
- Keep in mind that the Paint program saves the screenshot in the form of images while Microsoft word can save it in a word file.
- One can also view the screenshot directly from the file explorer.
- Press the Windows + E button simultaneously.
- It will open File Explorer. Here the screenshot is present in the folders of Pictures.
2. Snipping Tool
The snipping tool is another free and easy-to-use feature for taking a screenshot on the MSI laptop. It is available in all Operating Systems, including Windows 10, 11, 7, and 8. The plus point of the tool is that it offers more customizability and personalization. One can perform the following tasks with the snipping tool
- Seize a screen of the entire opened window or screen.
- Capture the screenshot of a specific region of the opened window.
- Another promising feature that adds to its worth is that it offers the option of editing the screenshot in Paint. So, one doesn’t need the extra hassle of opening programs from the menu. You can directly go to Paint software from the snipping tool. This method also enables the screenshot on a PC.
- Click the search bar of Windows and now type the snipping tool.
- Now open it.
- Snipping tool offers rectangular snip, free-form snip, windows snip, and full-form snip. So, one can choose the required option from the list.
- After choosing the desired snip, select the new tab.
- Drag the mouse to take a screenshot of the desired area, and then release.
- Click on the save icon to save the screenshot.
- The balloon tab on the tab bar can direct the user to Paint for editing the images.
- The Paint offers various tweaking options for the images.
3. Snip and Sketch
The snip and Sketch feature is available in Windows 10 and 11 only. So, if you don’t know how to screenshot in Windows 10 on an MSI laptop, use this method. The more customizability in this tool will replace the snipping tool nearly. This remarkable tool enables the user to perform the functions available in the snipping tool with dual benefits.
Here are some improvements made in the Snip and Sketch tool.
- A timer starts before taking a screenshot in this tool. It offers a countdown of 3 seconds or 10 seconds. So, one can start the timer before taking a screenshot according to personal choice. 5 Ways On How To Screenshot On A Gateway Laptop?
- Press Windows key + Shift + S simultaneously to open the Snip and Sketch tool.
- As mentioned in the snipping tool, it also offers four different options.
- Drag the cursor on the MSI windows screen to capture the desired region.
- After releasing the hand, a pop-up notification will appear.
- Users can preview their screenshots by clicking on the notification.
There are different ways to take a screenshot on an MSI laptop, but this one is the most decent. Snagit is a paid tool that works on all Operating Systems, including Windows 10, 11, 7, and 8. Although it is a Lil costly, it offers remarkable benefits. Users can customize the screenshot according to their will.
Snagit offers multiple features like one can produce a video from the taken screenshots. One can also design videos, presentations, tutorials, and visual aids from already available templates.
- Install the Snagit program from the official website.
- Launch the program.
- It will set the default settings automatically.
- Click on the capture to take a screenshot.
- Click on the desired area to capture and drag the mouse.
- Release the mouse after hovering over the desired area.
- After releasing the hand, the software will provide three options: capturing the windows, recording a video, and taking a panoramic view.
- Select the “Capturing the window” option.
- The screenshot will move the snag editor, and one can edit it accordingly.
- To share and save it, click on the Share tab.
The above methods are usable for MSI laptops, but people can also use these methods for taking screenshots on a Hp or Chui laptop. All the above-mentioned ways are useful for capturing screenshots in Windows 10, 11, 7, and 8.
Encountering issues while taking screenshots on your MSI laptop can be frustrating. To help you troubleshoot these issues, here are some tips to help you overcome common problems. Whether you’re having trouble with the Print Screen key, Snipping Tool, or blurry screenshots, these tips can help you get your screenshots just right.
Print Screen key doesn’t work
If pressing the Print Screen key doesn’t capture a screenshot, try pressing the Fn key along with the Print Screen key. Some MSI laptops require you to press the Fn key to activate the Print Screen function.
Snipping Tool doesn’t Work
If you encounter issues with the Snipping Tool, try restarting your computer and running the tool again. If the issue persists, check if any other programs are conflicting with the Snipping Tool, and try disabling or uninstalling them. You can also try running the Snipping Tool as an administrator by right-clicking on the tool and selecting “Run as administrator.”
Screenshots appear Blurry or Distorted
If your screenshots appear blurry or distorted, try changing the resolution of your screen to the recommended resolution. You can do this by right-clicking on your desktop, selecting Display settings, and adjusting the resolution. You can also try adjusting the zoom level on the webpage or application you’re trying to capture.
If you can’t find your Screenshots
If you’re unable to find your screenshots after taking them, try searching for them in the default screenshot folder on your MSI laptop. The default folder is usually located in the Pictures folder under a subfolder named Screenshots. You can also try searching for the file name of your screenshot using the Windows search bar.
So, now you must be sure about how to capture screenshots on MSI laptops. Precisely, Snagit is the tool that is my personal favorite so I highly recommend using this. In case you’re looking for an amazing MSI laptop under 1500$ then I believe MSI Pulse GL66 is the best choice for you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the screenshot button on an MSI laptop?
The screenshot button for capturing the screen on an MSI laptop is the print-screen button. Pressing the button and the windows key simultaneously captures the screen and saves it in the file explorer.
How to view a screenshot on an MSI laptop?
To view a screenshot on an MSI laptop, you can simply press Windows key + E, It will open the File Explorer window now you can search for the folders of Pictures in it. The screenshot will be available in the folder of the screenshot. So, you can preview your screenshot from there.
Can you screenshot it on an MSI laptop?
Yes, you can screenshot it on an MSI laptop. It does not matter; what is the laptop model or which is your operating system; you can take a screenshot by using any free or paid tool, including Snagit or Snip and Sketch.