A screenshot is a print of your current display screen. We often need to take a screenshot of a loaded website to record the necessary information. Taking a screenshot on the laptop is as easy as on any other device. Often people don’t know how to screenshot on an MSI laptop, although it’s not that tough.
All you need to do is just press the window key and PrSc key on the keyboard simultaneously. The screen will flicker, and it will capture your recent screen. The blinking of the screen indicates that the screenshot got taken. It will copy the screenshot on the clipboard. You can save it by pasting it into the Word file or the Paint program.
However, the Paint will save your screenshot in the form of an image.
Why One May Need To Capture Their Screen
Sometimes, you cannot download the information on the website or save some images on the laptop. Taking a screenshot of the laptop windows can help you in this regard. So, a screenshot is a way to capture the pictures or information displayed on the screen.
A screenshot captures the entire screen. However, if you want to screenshot a small area of the screen, you can crop the screenshot using the following software
- Snag it.
Applications For Taking Screenshots On An MSI Laptop
Different Laptops use different software for taking a screenshot of the screen. However, I am giving a list of the best and most highly recommendable applications. Whether you want to screenshot on MSI GF63 or GS66, you can use these tools.
- Print Screen Key.
- Snipping tool.
- Snip and sketch.
- Snag it.
1. Print Screen Key
Print Screen is available on your MSI keyboard which helps you to capture the screen. It is free and works smoothly in Windows 10 and 11. Professionals call it the easiest method for screen printing because you only need to press some keys to complete your task.
The Print Screen Key captures the complete desktop screen and saves it in a specific space. The major drawback of this method is that you cannot screenshot a small portion of the screen. It will screenshot the entire screen, and you need to crop the required part afterward.
- Press the Window key and PrScr button simultaneously.
- The screen will flicker for a while.
- It will screenshot the opened website or data.
- Open Paint from the Windows starts menu.
- Or open Microsoft Office from your applications.
- Click on the Paste tab from the list to paste the screenshot into the respective software.
- You can also press Ctrl + V key simultaneously to paste a screenshot.
- Press Ctrl + S key to save the screenshot.
- A dialogue box will open, and you can rename the file here.
- Keep in mind that the Paint program saves the screenshot in the form of images while Microsoft word can save it in a word file.
- You can also view the screenshot directly from the file explorer.
- Press the Windows + E button simultaneously.
- It will open File Explorer. You can view the screenshot in the folders of Pictures.
2. Snipping Tool
The snipping tool is another free and easy-to-use feature for taking a screenshot on your MSI laptop. It is available in all Operating Systems, including Windows 10, 11, 7, and 8. The plus point of the tool is that it offers more customizability and personalization. You can do the following tasks with the snipping tool
- Seize a screen of the entire opened window or screen.
- Capture the screenshot of a specific region of the opened window.
- Another promising feature that adds to its worth is that it gives you the option of editing your screenshot in Paint. So, you don’t need the extra hassle of opening programs from the menu. You can directly go to Paint software from the snipping tool. This method also enables you to screenshot on a PC.
- Click the search bar of Windows and now type the snipping tool.
- Now open it.
- Snipping tool offers rectangular snip, free-form snip, windows snip, and full-form snip. So, you can choose your required option from the list.
- After choosing the desired snip, select the new tab.
- Drag the mouse to take a screenshot of the area you want, and then release.
- Click on the save icon to save your screenshot.
- The balloon tab on the tab bar can direct you to the Paint for editing your images.
- The Paint offers various tweaking options for your images.
3. Snip And Sketch
The snip and Sketch feature is available in Windows 10 and 11 only. So, if you don’t know how to screenshot in Windows 10 on an MSI laptop, use this method. The more customizability in this tool will replace the snipping tool nearly. This remarkable tool enables you to perform the functions available in the snipping tool with dual benefits. Here are some improvements made in the Snip and Sketch tool over the snipping tool:
- A timer starts before taking a screenshot of this tool. It offers a countdown of 3 seconds or 10 seconds. So, you can start the timer before taking a screenshot according to your choice.
- Press Windows key + Shift + S simultaneously to open the Snip and Sketch tool.
- As mentioned in the snipping tool, it also offers four different options.
- Drag the cursor on the MSI windows screen to capture the desired region.
- After releasing the hand, a pop-up notification will appear.
- You can preview your screenshot by clicking on the notification.
There are different ways to take a screenshot on an MSI laptop, but this one is the most worthy. Snagit is a paid tool that works on all Operating Systems, including Windows 10, 11, 7, and 8. Although it costs you some money, it offers remarkable benefits. You can customize your screenshot more than other free tools.
Snagit offers multiple features like you can produce a video from your taken screenshots. You can also design videos, presentations, tutorials, and visual aids from already available templates.
- Install the Snagit program from the official website.
- Launch the program.
- It will set to the default settings automatically.
- You can click on the capture to screenshot on the MSI laptop.
- Click on the area you want to capture and drag the mouse.
- Release the mouse after hovering over the desired area.
- After releasing the hand, the software will provide three options capturing the windows, recording a video, and taking a panoramic view.
- You can select the capturing the window option.
- The screenshot will move the snag editor, and you can edit it accordingly.
- To share and save it, click on the Share tab.
The above methods are usable for MSI laptops, but you can also use these methods for taking a screenshot on a Hp or Chui laptop. All the above ways help take a screenshot in Windows 10, 11, 7, and 8.